Monday, December 26, 2011

Mountians that we must climb

So one of my activities that I like to do is to go mountain biking!!!!! woot woot!!!!  I love the mountains and all the hills to climb and all the hills to go down it is so fun.  The views to when you are biking to the top of the mountain is a beautiful sight I love nature and what is in it, and I always admire its beauty.  There is lots of challenges when you are mountain biking rocks to jump off, steep inclines and declines,  rocky trail; and to me that is what makes it so much fun is the challenges that I encounter.

When I was in college at Utah State university, I would go all the time, usually by myself.  but I would try to be as safe
as possible, by wearing a helmet.  One day as I was biking I was on my way back for a rather crazy ride up in the Logan canyon, and I saw this jump right by the corner that I was going to turn. The plan was to go off this jump and and immediately turn down the trail I needed to go , but as I did that I went off the jump turned and I saw a gate less then 10 feet away and I had to stop quick. I slammed on both brakes and flew over my handle bars.  Lucky I didn't make it all the way to the gate flying through the air, and all I got was a couple of scrapes and a cut on my hand so it wasn't to bad. I got back on my bike a kept going. and I made it home ok.  But as I thought about the ride and if things did go terribly wrong like life threatening situation it would have been good to have a biking buddy.

I then thought about how biking can relate to life , at times we are having fun and conquering are challenges that are before us and then we sometimes tend as we become better forget to pay attention to the basics to see the whole picture what is ahead of us. Slowing down going around a unknown corner.  We think in life we got this I haven't been hurt yet, I GOT THIS MAN!!!   I CAN DO THIS EASY!!! HANDS DOWN NO CHALLENGE!!!! I bet this sound familiar to y'all, then we get hit by a easily avoided situation, and when it throws us off are bike we  learn from are mistake if we allow it to, but as human nature has it we tend to make mistakes a lot but they are great learning opportunities.  

Sometimes we have challenges that are not are fault, the ones that test are patients, like getting a flat tire, are chain.  But as we are burdened with this burden of having to carry your bike home.  I think it better prepares us for future events,  next time we bring a patch kit and a pump, a extra chain, we are better prepared for what life throws at us.  even though sometimes we cant prepare for a malfunction like you brake you gears you brake something that needs to see a bike shop,  we then just learn to get by with what we got, till we can fix it.

I know life can be hard and we are going to experience things that we would rather not have to go through, but there are biking buddies around with us are parents are friends, but there is one biking buddy that is always with us, Jesus Christ , and he knows exactly how to help us , strengthen us for the task, comfort us in are afflictions.  I know that he lives and that he is always there for us we just got to allow him to help us, he suffered for us,  so that we can obtain eternal life and live with are families forever and of course live with are Heavenly Father again the being who created are spirits, and he loves us because we are all his children.  I know this to be true, sometimes it may feel like He is always there sometimes we feel abandoned , but He is always aware of us and sometimes he lets us experience things that strengthen us. 



So whatever challenge through just remember you need to learn something for this experience and that it well be for are good.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment