Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas !!!!!

Well as we all know Christmas is just around the corner.  I love Christmas it really is the most wonderful time of the year.  I love all the lights, all the happy attitudes and most of all Santa!!!!! Yes I'm still a believer.

But anyways around this time starting in December, my family and I write are names on a little piece of paper and stick in in a hat.  Then we draw out a name and It cant be are own name, and whose ever name we got we got to do something nice for them during the week.  Then at the end of the week we would tell that person what kind act we did for them.  It was really great, some times I am guilty of this to
but we would forget and hurry and do something for that person that we drew and or just come up with something you did but wasn't really out of your way or very thoughtful.  But it was a lot of  fun, to give a kind act and to receive a kind act, what ever it was.  Every time we did a act of kindness it really helped bring in the spirit of Christmas.  It made are home more Christ-centered.
 
The more I think about the importance of Christmas and it true meaning, It is more then just receiving gifts from Santa,  but it is about giving and receiving with a thankful heart, which brings the spirit of love especially charity, which is the pure love of Christ, which is the true spirit of Christmas.   

That is why I love Christmas,  it is a time to remember Christ, because he gave us his all, His whole life was about giving to others, comforting the poor in heart, healing many people and preformed may miracles and most importantly he atoned for us and died for us, so that we could receive the greatest gift of all Eternal Life,  meaning that we could return to live with are Father in Heaven, and we could receive more joy and happiness then we could ever comprehend. He did it because he loved us so much, he wanted to give that to everyone a chance to receive that gift, which is the most precious of all gifts.  I am truly grateful, and I am forever indebted to him and all he has done for me it truly amazes me.

So lets not forget about others that we could help, and not get so caught up in the stresses that we miss this wonderful time to reflect upon the happiness in the and joy of serving others and most of all not miss the special spirit of Christmas which comes from thinking about are Savior,  Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and  are Redeemer. 

I wish you all a Merry Christmas this year, and hope that you enjoy this time of year. Love you all and 


MERRY!!!!!!!!!!! CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! 







1 comment:

  1. Elder you are the greatest! I forget to tell you something Santa is not real! I did tell you if you don't believe you won't recieve. You were always so obedient. Love Ya Lots!!!

    ReplyDelete